Re: Workaround for bug #480533 - perl-base

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 11:25:32AM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> > Why? The extent of the problem is some uninitialised value warnings in
> > the syslog.
>
> After we chat on IRC I tend to consider it. The big problem will be
> the hassle to process the installation-reports with those bad warnings
> there.
>
> Perl Team is know to be looking into the issue but looks that to avoid
> doubling the perl-base installed size they'll need to do bigger code
> changes to avoid the code paths to not be used if those files aren't
> present. I don't have a clue when it'll be done.
>
> What general view about this issue by the team?

If we can expect the Perl team to fix the issue before the release of
Lenny, I think that we should release beta2 and move on to add and test
the last features we'd like to add before switching to the
bug-fixing-only mode.

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism