moving tasksel to git

I'd really like to move tasksel to git. It frequently needs to be
branched around release time; maintaining those branches will be much
less painful with git. Doing it with svn seems sufficiently painful now
that I'm taking ugly shortcuts. Now that Frans has implemented awesome
autobyhand processing of the overrides, there is no need for a canonical
svn repo that override info can be pulled from. Finally, derivatives and
CDDs have many good reasons to want to maintain their own tasksel branches.

If moving it to git will cause any significant trouble for translators and
task maintainers, please let me know.

--
see shy jo