Re: wpasupplicant udeb

On Sunday 25 May 2008, Kel Modderman wrote:
> Also, do you think compiling in support for debug messages about
> association is something that would be useful to have in the
> debian-installer environment for occasions when manual troubleshooting is
> required? A fair amount of binary size can be shaved off without it, but
> unsure if that is wise.

How much difference does it make exactly?
Where do these messages end up? In the syslog or somewhere else?
Can you give an example of these mesages?

Regarding the patch:
+Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, dhcp-client-udeb | dhcp3-client-udeb |
pump-udeb, ethernet-card-detection

Given that wpa-supplicant is only used from within netcfg which already has
these dependencies, I would say that this can be simplified to:
+Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}

Other than that the patch looks nice and clean.
Where is the source repository? I tried to apply the patch to the current
version in unstable, but that failed miserably...

Cheers,
FJP