Re: d-i status wrt i386 & amd64 EFI machines

Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:

Hi,

> What other types of images are you thinking of? Could EFI support be added
> to existing images or do we really need additional images?

Looks like I can answer your question after a few tests and some
googling on the spec.

Yes, it seems we can add EFI support to the current CD images and
don't need additional CD images. Adding an alternative El Torito boot
image is enough. The firmware is required by the spec to ignore legacy
boot entries. The Apple firmware presents the legacy entries and the
EFI entries, labelled as such.

That, of course, simplifies things quite a bit :)

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org>  |  Debian, because code matters more
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer        |       <http://www.debian.org>