Re: wpasupplicant udeb

On Thursday 22 May 2008 15:25:13 Glenn wrote:
>     I' after some advice as to how to submit a patch for
> wpasuppliant-udeb. Looking at (for example) openssl, it has the udeb
> stuff in the main package. With wpasupplicant, we need a separate conf
> file so that we don't include unnecessary drivers, clients and  EAP
> code. I can supply a patch that will build the udeb for testing
> purposes, but I suspect that this isn't what the d-i team wants so I
> need some advice on how to move forward on this. I have managed to get
> the udeb size down to 82K and the binary to 162K. Is this suitable to be
> able to be included in the installer? Please CC me, as my mail server is
> having connectivity issues, and this address isn't subscribed.

That sounds pretty good.

Please just mail the patch to the debian-boot list for review and
discussion.

We should discuss and finalize the patch here before it is filed against the
source package. If we need to involve the wpasupplicant maintainer in that
discussion, we could possibly file the bug now, but then with an explicit
note that it should not be implemented and uploaded before it has been
finalized.

Cheers,
FJP