Re: bypassing partman while preseeding

"Tim Stoop" <tim.stoop@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Ferenc Wagner <wferi@niif.hu> wrote:
>
>> I gave up on persuading partman to do things like this, and use the
>> attached initrd overlay instead.  It adds new menu items to partman,
>> which facilitate easy preseeding, but also possible to use manually.
>
> partman-auto partman-auto/init_automatically_partition select Manual
> doesn't work.

It works the same for the Woody, Sarge, Etch and Lenny installers.
It skips the following question by pre-selecting the manual method:

    Partition disks
    ---------------

    The installer can guide you through partitioning a disk (using
    different standard schemes) or, if you prefer, you can do it
    manually. With guided partitioning you will still have a chance
    later to review and customise the results.

    If you choose guided partitioning for an entire disk, you will
    next be asked which disk should be used.
    Partitioning method:
      1. Guided - use entire disk
      2. Guided - use entire disk and set up LVM
      3. Guided - use entire disk and set up encrypted LVM
      4. Manual

> At least, I still get "partman-base" selected.

I don't understand this sentence.  The partman-base package is
installed (selected?) for me, too: it's what ask the above question.

> For the record, I'm using the etch installer.

The above paste is from a Lenny installer session, fwiw.  Please
clarify, and I'll try to help.
--
Regards,
Feri.