Re: KVM

Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk> writes:

> On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 06:46 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk> writes:

>> > I'm afraid I don't have any helpful suggestions about your current
>> > issues. However I am working on ensuring that Lenny D-I works out of the
>> > box on Xen so things should get better with time.
>> >
>> > Ian.
>>
>> Would it be also possible to provide kvm support? Specifically support
>> for the virtio backend drivers that are way faster.
>
> Certainly it would be possible -- in fact it might already work, but I
> suspect that a patch to partman is probably needed at a minimum.
>
> Ian.

When I tried it it couldn't find the disks. I assumed the kvm backend
modules aren't included in the ramdisk or too old.

I guess I have to build my own D-I image with 2.6.25 and see if that
already solves it.

Concerning partman: Does it need patches to recognice /dev/vdX and
/dev/vdXY? Doesn't is use /proc/partitions or /sys/block/?

MfG
        Goswin