Re: Xen with Debian installer

Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
Hi,

do you need to use the Debian-Installer?

I always use xen-create-image from xen-tools which creates a fully
functional domU for you with one simple command.

MfG
        Goswin

A couple of reasons:

a) This web site says it should work:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Xen

b) The domU systems should be indistinguishable from normal systems - using D-I is one way to ensure this. It seems reasonable to expect that any changes to the install process will happen in D-I before being implemented elsewhere (e.g. is it possible that xen-create-image may lag behind D-I on some things?)