Re: [[RFC] Netcfg add support for WPA 0/4]

Frans Pop wrote:
> On Friday 02 May 2008, Glenn Saberton wrote:
>> Hopefully I have addressed the issues pointed out so far. The first
>> two patches don't change netcfg's behaviour, the third adds wpa
>> support and the last kills it with kill() rather than the shell
>> script. I will work on adding functionality to allow netcfg to tell
>> wpasupplicant which driver to use. I would also like to add a function
>> that scans for access points and lets the user chose one from a list.
>> Thoughts?
>
> AFAICT your patches assume that wpasupplicant is available.
> Do you also have a patch to add a udeb for that?
> If so:
> - what size is it (both the udeb itself and when installed)?
> - please send that patch for review as well.

Will do. Though some advice in this regard would be appreciated. As far
as I can see, we can cut it down by a bit by not building clients and
ommiting certain options like eap.
> I'm not sure whether we should maybe check whether wpasupplicant is
> available or not and only offer the option to use WPA if it is.

Whatever the d-i team deems suitable I will try and write around.

> General comment.
> Your patches still have way too many random whitespace/indentation changes
> (see my reply to patch 3). Please make sure you clean those out before
> submitting your next series of patches.
apologies for this. I am not sure why I keep getting these annoying
changes, but will try and make sure they aren't in subsequent patches.

> When working on existing files you should check what its current indentation
> style is and follow that: if it uses 4 spaces, then always use 4 spaces; if
> it uses 4 spaces for half-indents and tabs for full indents, then use that.
> If the current file is a mess, then either
> - follow the indentation used in the directly surrounding lines as best
>   as you can, or
> - submit a *separate* cleanup patch for the whole file
>
> Do you perhaps have tab width set to 4 positions in your editor? If that is
> the case, then you should change it to 8. Everybody else who sees your
> patches will be much happier.
Yep, as above, I will try and fix this.

> Make sure you never introduce new "trailing whitespace" (spaces or tabs at
> the end of lines).
>
> See also installer/doc/devel/codingstyle.txt in the D-I repo.
>
> Cheers,
> FJP

Cheers
Glenn