Locales in d-i and openoffice.org, iceweasel et al.

Hi,

I am working on Canadian English defaults system-wide for systems I put
out and will be doing up packages for myspell dictionaries and such.
I was wondering if I need to do something in d-i to get them picked up
automatically, or if that is even possible.  I know that the default is
en-US for these packages; I was hoping that I could have things set so
that if en_CA is picked during install that canadian english
dictionaries are installed instead of american english ones (also for
aspell, the default world lists and all that kind of stuff that is
locale dependent).

I might be able to make time for this, but I'm in the process of
learning preseeding and how to do post-install scripts that integrate
with d-i for the etch media (will do lenny once that is working), so
that I can put out -stable oem media in the event users of the used
computers I put together (for free) need to reinstall.  (I install more
packages than the default, in fact there is something from every cd-rom
in the latest install I've done (I want to make the user getting the
system can reinstall even if high speed is not available in their area
as that's common enough around here)).

You may recall I also want to get amanda working as an available option
for bare metal recovery using d-i, and to make partimage available
under d-i (because d-i boot from so much) for windows and linux system
imaging prior to working on a system (or restore if necessary too).

That last bit may have to be a spinoff project though because of the
fact that udebs affect d-i as a whole and can't just exist in the
archive independently.

Regards,

Daniel

--
And that's my crabbing done for the day.  Got it out of the way early,
strangle cute bunnies or something.   -- Michael Devore