Re: debian installer and custumized distro

guillermo nardoni <gjnardoni@yahoo.com.ar> writes:

> Hello everyone, this is my first time posting messages here.
> This is my situation, i don't know if can do this with debian installer or no due to a license problem...
>
> I made a debian-based customized distro, to use on wireless devices, such as wrt, atheros and x86 based-devices.
> The distro in-self compiles good, and works fine as well. i tranfer it via mtd or tftp on mips devices (like linksys wrt),
> actually for x86 based board i boot with a generic livecd and copy the image with dd (dd if=/distro/image of=/dev/hda) and that's all, it works fine for me.
> What I want to do is make an installer for the distro based on x86, with network installation support (netinstall) or local installation (cdrom installation files).
> I use ipkg as package builder/installer wich is compatible with debian package. (I guess so).
> Is it posible to do?, where should i want to start with?
>

> I'm really greatful with any kind of data you would feed my brain (:D) to do this.

Hello Guillermo,

Well, it's obviously possible but you'll need to do a lot of work for
that probably.

Basically, I'd say that live-installer could give you some idea how it
could be done and I also think that you'd need to produce a custom
script to make the final CD since you'd need to put the required
installer modules available there and since it looks to not be Debian
based you'll need to take care about it yourself.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116