Re: syslinux vesamenu

On Thu, Aug 2,  2007 17:05:51 -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Here's a version of d-i that uses the syslinux vesamenu, which
> provides a nice menu of boot options.
>
> svn://svn.debian.org/d-i/people/joeyh/vesamenu/
> http://kitenet.net/~joey/tmp/mini.iso
>
> I think all the image types are fully working except for some
> integration with debian-cd.
>
> The main problem with using the vesamenu is that qemu doesn't display
> it right on boot, unless it's booted with -std-vga. Looks like the
> video mode isn't set right without that. Unfortunatly, -std-vga breaks
> the d-i framebuffer. (g-i is ok.)

After fetching your SVN branch, updating the kernel version, and using
qemu 9.1 from unstable, the menu looks good, and no framebuffer problems
where to be found.  Both with or without -std-vga.

I think it would be a good addition for Etch.  Maybe post-beta2, though.

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism