Bug#365307: marked as done (localechooser: Should build the list of languages, depending on the interface, at run time rather than build time)
Your message dated Wed, 19 Mar 2008 21:02:26 +0000
with message-id <E1Jc5QY-0006Q3email@example.com>
and subject line Bug#365307: fixed in localechooser 2.00
has caused the Debian Bug report #365307,
regarding localechooser: Should build the list of languages, depending on the interface, at run time rather than build time
to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact email@example.com with problems
--- Begin Message ---
- To: Debian Bug Tracking System <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: localechooser: Should build the list of languages, depending on the interface, at run time rather than build time
- From: Christian Perrier <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 07:43:48 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This is Frans suggestion:
That said, having the language list in the templates file 4 times (though
with a different number of languages) is not really memory friendly. We
really should try to find a different solution for that, maybe by
building the list dynamically at runtime from a masterlist that has the 4
levels (ascii, latin, fb, all).
As the list is not translated anyway, that should not be a major problem.
The same variable translation that is currently done at build time, could
also be done at runtime.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
APT prefers unstable
APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (500, 'testing'), (500, 'stable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Kernel: Linux 2.6.16-1-686
Locale: LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=fr_FR.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8) (ignored: LC_ALL set to fr_FR.UTF-8)
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
localechooser, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to email@example.com,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Frans Pop <firstname.lastname@example.org> (supplier of updated localechooser package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing email@example.com)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 20:53:35 +0100
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: Debian Install System Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Changed-By: Frans Pop <email@example.com>
localechooser - choose language/country/locale (udeb)
Closes: 365307 468635 470481 471424
localechooser (2.00) unstable; urgency=low
[ Colin Watson ]
* Remove duplication of Hindi in languagelist. Closes: #471424.
[ Frans Pop ]
* Remove duplication of Icelandic in languagelist.l10n.
* Make it possible to back up to earlier dialogs by bringing the main
localechooser code under a state engine.
* Display a message when changing the language is no longer possible because
translations have been deleted. Left disabled for now because of #470258.
* Merge languagelist.l10n into languagelist.
* Identify languages by language code instead of language name. This
improves support for languages with variants in different countries.
* Remove redundant check for serial console: variables have already been set
when the installer was initialized.
* Build the list of languages for the current display level at runtime
instead of having separate templates for them. This does make starting
localechooser slightly slower, but saves memory. Closes: #365307.
* Ensure we always set debconf/language and call gtk-set-font at the same
time. Thanks to Jérémy Bobbio for his help tracing this. Closes: #470481.
* Patch by Matthias Klose stolen from Ubuntu (closes: #468635):
- iso3166tab.py: Include ErrorPrinter and DefaultHandler from obsolete
- drop build dependency on python-xml
* Various code cleanups.
* Bump version to 2.00.
[ Updated translations ]
* Amharic (am.po) by Tegegne Tefera
* Arabic (ar.po) by Ossama M. Khayat
* Bulgarian (bg.po) by Damyan Ivanov
* Czech (cs.po) by Miroslav Kure
* Esperanto (eo.po) by Serge Leblanc
* Basque (eu.po) by Piarres Beobide
* Finnish (fi.po) by Esko Arajärvi
* French (fr.po) by Christian Perrier
* Galician (gl.po) by Jacobo Tarrio
* Indonesian (id.po) by Arief S Fitrianto
* Japanese (ja.po) by Kenshi Muto
* Korean (ko.po) by Changwoo Ryu
* Dutch (nl.po) by Frans Pop
* Panjabi (pa.po) by Amanpreet Singh Alam
* Polish (pl.po) by Bartosz Fenski
* Portuguese (Brazil) (pt_BR.po) by Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)
* Portuguese (pt.po) by Miguel Figueiredo
* Russian (ru.po) by Yuri Kozlov
* Slovak (sk.po) by Ivan Masár
* Swedish (sv.po) by Daniel Nylander
* Thai (th.po) by Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
530212544c49166e96dd3c0eb06f16ac 861 debian-installer optional localechooser_2.00.dsc
fb2a93f8e6c39bd22d16fd2683c8364d 95038 debian-installer optional localechooser_2.00.tar.gz
93bfe1a57293e25c0836e89a3b66ab91 119950 debian-installer optional localechooser_2.00_all.udeb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--- End Message ---