Your message dated Wed, 19 Mar 2008 21:02:26 +0000 with message-id <E1Jc5QY-0006Q7-3P@ries.debian.org> and subject line Bug#470481: fixed in localechooser 2.00 has caused the Debian Bug report #470481, regarding localechooser: need to call gtk-set-font before displaying languagechooser/languagelist to be marked as done. This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with. If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith. (NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact email@example.com immediately.) -- 470481: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=470481 Debian Bug Tracking System Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with problems
--- Begin Message ---
- To: Debian BTS Submit <email@example.com>
- Subject: cdebconf-gtk-udeb: Font size not reset when switching to English
- From: Frans Pop <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:10:41 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>Package: cdebconf-gtk-udeb Version: 0.124 Severity: minor For some languages the font size is increased in the graphical installer after the language has been selected, and it should be changed back to the default size when switching back to a language that does not need a larger size. For some reason the default font size is not restored if you switch back to English, even though it is when you switch to e.g. Dutch. For Etch it also worked for English. Steps to reproduce: - choose Dzongkha: country screen will use large font - <go back> from country selection, select localechooser - choose English: country screen will still be large font - <go back> from country selection, select localechooser - choose Dutch: country screen will be in default font size - <go back> from country selection, select localechooser - choose Dzongkha again: large font again - <go back> from country selection, select localechooser - choose Dutch: country screen will be in default font size So, it looks as if only English is somehow broken. I've already ruled out a bug in the gtk-set-font script. The bug can also be reproduced with the "refactored" localechooser by backing up from country selection directly to language selection.
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#470481: fixed in localechooser 2.00
- From: Frans Pop <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 21:02:26 +0000
- Message-id: <E1Jc5QY-0006Q7-3P@ries.debian.org>Source: localechooser Source-Version: 2.00 We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of localechooser, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive: localechooser_2.00.dsc to pool/main/l/localechooser/localechooser_2.00.dsc localechooser_2.00.tar.gz to pool/main/l/localechooser/localechooser_2.00.tar.gz localechooser_2.00_all.udeb to pool/main/l/localechooser/localechooser_2.00_all.udeb A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is attached. Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you have further comments please address them to firstname.lastname@example.org, and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate. Debian distribution maintenance software pp. Frans Pop <email@example.com> (supplier of updated localechooser package) (This message was generated automatically at their request; if you believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive administrators by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org) -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 Format: 1.7 Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 20:53:35 +0100 Source: localechooser Binary: localechooser Architecture: source all Version: 2.00 Distribution: unstable Urgency: low Maintainer: Debian Install System Team <email@example.com> Changed-By: Frans Pop <firstname.lastname@example.org> Description: localechooser - choose language/country/locale (udeb) Closes: 365307 468635 470481 471424 Changes: localechooser (2.00) unstable; urgency=low . [ Colin Watson ] * Remove duplication of Hindi in languagelist. Closes: #471424. . [ Frans Pop ] * Remove duplication of Icelandic in languagelist.l10n. * Make it possible to back up to earlier dialogs by bringing the main localechooser code under a state engine. * Display a message when changing the language is no longer possible because translations have been deleted. Left disabled for now because of #470258. * Merge languagelist.l10n into languagelist. * Identify languages by language code instead of language name. This improves support for languages with variants in different countries. * Remove redundant check for serial console: variables have already been set when the installer was initialized. * Build the list of languages for the current display level at runtime instead of having separate templates for them. This does make starting localechooser slightly slower, but saves memory. Closes: #365307. * Ensure we always set debconf/language and call gtk-set-font at the same time. Thanks to Jérémy Bobbio for his help tracing this. Closes: #470481. * Patch by Matthias Klose stolen from Ubuntu (closes: #468635): - iso3166tab.py: Include ErrorPrinter and DefaultHandler from obsolete saxutils.py - drop build dependency on python-xml * Various code cleanups. * Bump version to 2.00. . [ Updated translations ] * Amharic (am.po) by Tegegne Tefera * Arabic (ar.po) by Ossama M. Khayat * Bulgarian (bg.po) by Damyan Ivanov * Czech (cs.po) by Miroslav Kure * Esperanto (eo.po) by Serge Leblanc * Basque (eu.po) by Piarres Beobide * Finnish (fi.po) by Esko Arajärvi * French (fr.po) by Christian Perrier * Galician (gl.po) by Jacobo Tarrio * Indonesian (id.po) by Arief S Fitrianto * Japanese (ja.po) by Kenshi Muto * Korean (ko.po) by Changwoo Ryu * Dutch (nl.po) by Frans Pop * Panjabi (pa.po) by Amanpreet Singh Alam * Polish (pl.po) by Bartosz Fenski * Portuguese (Brazil) (pt_BR.po) by Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) * Portuguese (pt.po) by Miguel Figueiredo * Russian (ru.po) by Yuri Kozlov * Slovak (sk.po) by Ivan Masár * Swedish (sv.po) by Daniel Nylander * Thai (th.po) by Theppitak Karoonboonyanan Files: 530212544c49166e96dd3c0eb06f16ac 861 debian-installer optional localechooser_2.00.dsc fb2a93f8e6c39bd22d16fd2683c8364d 95038 debian-installer optional localechooser_2.00.tar.gz 93bfe1a57293e25c0836e89a3b66ab91 119950 debian-installer optional localechooser_2.00_all.udeb Package-Type: udeb -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux) iD0DBQFH4XE+gm/Kwh6ICoQRAuqJAJYjXMrcX1AYb9sp4ETJqW/XCaQQAJivJTjL fn0TK8iQP++RGlqyNbeU =nsGY -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--- End Message ---