Bug#335947: reiserfs creation in partition #1 of SCSI1 (0,0,0) (sda) failed
On Monday 17 March 2008, Teodor wrote:
> I manually executed with success on VT2 this:
> # mkfs.reiserfs /dev/sda1
> I didn't leave an EMPTY label, instead I requested "Debian GNU/Linux".
> Maybe this is the problem.
Hmm, yes could be. I don't remember seeing that in your screenshot.
Either the space or the "/" could be the problem. I suspect the space as we
don't quote the parameter.
Maybe we need to either quote the label or add some input checks.
Could you check if any of these commands produce the same (or other) errors:
- mkfs.reiserfs -l Debian GNU/Linux -f -q /dev/sdaX
- mkfs.reiserfs -l "Debian GNU/Linux" -f -q /dev/sdaX
- mkfs.reiserfs -l Debian_GNU/Linux -f -q /dev/sdaX
- mkfs.reiserfs -l Debian -f -q /dev/sdaX
- mkfs.reiserfs -l GNU/Linux -f -q /dev/sdaX
(replacing X with a partition of your choice)
> I'll try to run it with another HDD because I don't want to reinstall
> everything again.
Great. If the first command above reproduces the error, a full install would
not be needed.