Debian Installer Lenny Beta1: Status Update 2

Hello,

Here goes a new status update about release.

Please respect the reply-to header and please follow up to debian-boot
mailing list.

Bellow is the timeline we're following.

+------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|       Date       |                 What happens                  |
+------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|February 5, 2007  |translation update request is send             |
+------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|February 15, 2007 |mass upload of translation updates             |
+------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|February 18, 2007 |mass migration of udebs                        | <=
+------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|February 19, 2007 |debian-installer is uploaded                   |
+------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|February 21, 2007 |daily images are changed to use lenny installer|
+------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|February 23, 2007 |test of images starts                          |
+------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|March 1, 2007     |final image builds                             |
+------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
|March 3, 2007     |planned release date                           |
+------------------+-----------------------------------------------+

We're supposed to be at mass migration step however some buildds are
late and this will delay the release a bit. Two modules that are
critical for this release aren't yet built for all architectures
(cdebconf and debian-installer-utils).

There are other modules that aren't yet built but those aren't so
critical for the release. I expect that tomorrow we have them all
built, we will see.

Other pending migration, that is a real blocker for the release, is
apt 0.7.11 that fixes the famous GRUB installation failure. This is
also blocked due missing architectures and I hope we get it on lenny
by tomorrow too.

I'm doing my best to avoid further delays, let's see how fast all
those go and I'll try to be as fast as possible to handle next steps.

As soon as a next step is done, I'll send another status update.

Stay tuned ;-)

Cheers,

- --
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855
 you the whole house."