Re: Persistent disk naming: per controller/host

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 10:00:02AM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> writes:

<...>
Do people think this would be a reasonable approach, or is a generic solution
finally coming forth?

I think that this is much clear the uuid for the user however uuid is
still more powerful then that allowing that the device can be moved in
the controller or like and the system still finds it out.

Dunno how difficult would be do add it on d-i, probably, it could be
done on finish-install step (but during partitioning would be a
clearer solution).

Last time I attempted to do it, the main problem that I found was that grub-installer choked on symlinks in fstab (#423109).

--
David Härdeman