[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Please add following hint to block linux-2.6 until Beta1 is out

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello RM and SRM teams,
> I hereby ask for a block on linux-2.6 source package until d-i Beta1
> gets out. If it migrates before we do the final images we can need to
> delay d-i release.

nacked as maintainer,
you are blocking for more then 2 weeks linux-2.6 migration to testing.
we need massife testing of 2.6.24 for etch+half, sid is not enough.

also 2.6.22 was meant to be ready 4 month ago, sorry but
that schedule is over.
> As discussed[1] previously at debian-boot we've decided to stay at
> 2.6.22 for this release and do a release as fast as possible with
> 2.6.24.
> 1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2008/02/msg00012.html

very bad decision 2.6.24 is needed for a lot of recent hardware,
d-i doesn't install on those.

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

Reply to: