Re: Status on arm, mips and mipsel

On Tuesday 12 February 2008, Joey Hess wrote:
> Frans Pop wrote:
> > On Monday 11 February 2008, Joey Hess wrote:
> > > If it's not there, take a look at /etc/dhcp3/dhclient-script to
> > > figure out why not..
> >
> > That was removed from netcfg recently. It's now /sbin/dhclient-script.
>
> Well, that one is obviosly not patched to write to the file in /tmp
> (which would be highly insecure outside d-i), so we have a real bug
> here.

Obviously it is. It is the _exact_ same script as we used before and that
version is of course _only_ used in the udeb. It has other differences too.

The only thing that has changed is that the script is now packaged in dhcp3
instead of in netcfg.
See #461098 and http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2008/01/msg00404.html.