Bug#457901: marked as done ([G-I] frontend crash on partman-target/mount_failed dialog)
Your message dated Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:17:03 +0000
with message-id <E1JOVih-0008MF-3P@ries.debian.org>
and subject line Bug#457901: fixed in cdebconf 0.127
has caused the Debian Bug report #457901,
regarding [G-I] frontend crash on partman-target/mount_failed dialog
to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact email@example.com
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with problems
--- Begin Message ---
Método de arranque: CD, installgui
Versão da imagem: http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/iso-cd/
Data: 2007-12-26 21:39+0000
Máquina: HP pavillion dv2585ep (laptop)
Processador: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz
Memória: 2 GB
Saída de lspci -nn and lspci -vnn:
Checklist da Instalação do Sistema Base
[O] = OK, [E] = Erro (por favor descreva abaixo), [ ] = não foi tentado
Arranque inicial: [O]
Detectar placa de rede: 
Configurar rede: [O]
Detectar CD: [O]
Caregar módulos do instalador: [O]
Detectar discos rígidos: [O]
Particionar discos rígidos: [E]
Instalar o sistema base: [ ]
Configuração do relógio/fuso horário: [ ]
Configuração do utilizador/password: [ ]
Instalar tarefas: [ ]
Instalar gestor de arranque: [ ]
Total da instalação: [ ]
Although some words above are in Portuguese i think it's easy to understand. The fail was during the partitioning of the hard drive.
- On the initial screen of country selection pressing the 'p' key doesn't take me to countrys with names started with P. The keyboard it's disabled on that screen (tested 2 times).
- Wired network detected (sky2 module), wireless network not detected (ipw3945) - yes, i know firmware bla-bla ;-)
- Resizing the original NTFS filesystem takes a long time, a progress bar would be nice so the user knows something it's happening and not stare , like me, to the screen.
- After clicking on "Finish partitioning and write changes to disk" the partitioning program appears in English (i was installing in PT) and instead of proceeding with the installation returns to same screen (a closed loop). The console on [Alt]+[F4] has a message "Unrecognized mount option "realtime" or missing value" (i was using relatime, indeed). On the same screen there is also some warnings gdk_window_set_keep_above() and ...below() not implemented. After removing the relatime option and tried again the partitioning the same happened.
- On 1st boot (another attempt) the keyboard did not corresponded to Portuguese, after manually installation of console-setup everything was fixed (tasks selected during installation: laptop, standard system)
Com os melhores cumprimentos/With Best Regards,
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
cdebconf, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to email@example.com,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Frans Pop <firstname.lastname@example.org> (supplier of updated cdebconf package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing email@example.com)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:04:14 +0100
Binary: cdebconf libdebconfclient0 libdebconfclient0-dev cdebconf-udeb cdebconf-priority libdebconfclient0-udeb cdebconf-slang-udeb cdebconf-newt-udeb cdebconf-text-udeb cdebconf-gtk-udeb
Architecture: source all amd64
Maintainer: Debian Install System Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Changed-By: Frans Pop <email@example.com>
cdebconf - Debian Configuration Management System (C-implementation)
cdebconf-gtk-udeb - Gtk+ frontend for Debian Configuration Management System (udeb)
cdebconf-newt-udeb - Newt frontend for Debian Configuration Management System (udeb)
cdebconf-priority - Change debconf priority (udeb)
cdebconf-text-udeb - Plain text frontend for Debian Configuration Management System (udeb)
cdebconf-udeb - Debian Configuration Management System (C-implementation) (udeb)
libdebconfclient0 - Debian Configuration Management System (C-implementation)
libdebconfclient0-dev - Development files for cdebconf
libdebconfclient0-udeb - Debian Configuration Management System (C-implementation) (udeb)
Closes: 398902 453703 455981 457901 464380
cdebconf (0.127) unstable; urgency=low
[ Colin Watson ]
* Make PROGRESS fail with a syntax error when given an unknown subcommand.
[ Jérémy Bobbio ]
* Correctly handle click on the "Cancel" button during progress operations
in the GTK+ frontend. (Closes: #453703)
* Force cursor to stay on the first column during multiselect questions in
the GTK+ frontend. (Closes: #398902)
* Remove useless debug messages in progress handling of the GTK+ frontend.
* Show progress widgets and restore main title after handling a GO in the
GTK+ frontend. (Closes: #464380)
* Add a case for the previous issue in the "progress" test suite.
* Correctly handle boolean question without a default in the GTK+ frontend.
* Add a case for the previous issue in the test suite.
* Remove redundent call to gtk_toggle_button_set_active() when handling
boolean question in the GTK+ frontend.
[ Updated translations ]
* Finnish (fi.po) by Esko Arajärvi
* Hindi (hi.po) by Kumar Appaiah
* Korean (ko.po) by Changwoo Ryu
* Latvian (lv.po) by Viesturs Zarins
* Traditional Chinese (zh_TW.po) by Tetralet
8492045d3b4141cc8251b60e4c6a5baa 1240 utils optional cdebconf_0.127.dsc
352af50624e38a913c0ef620622821c7 291392 utils optional cdebconf_0.127.tar.gz
9dba84762d0d95ac24413de4896ff5f1 2704 debian-installer standard cdebconf-priority_0.127_all.udeb
ffa9fca056c81192a3c4d12deb1fcbd7 160216 utils extra cdebconf_0.127_amd64.deb
89aa3aae61f0fc0f47b7e97d9a87ccc0 35990 libs optional libdebconfclient0_0.127_amd64.deb
8eeae33a9a1ec9b29cbb589862333759 39852 libdevel optional libdebconfclient0-dev_0.127_amd64.deb
a560bad6a455799ea8fe9b7145e1d68f 76186 debian-installer standard cdebconf-udeb_0.127_amd64.udeb
8030f08c6a83db00c4eb2c034716d0c2 3268 debian-installer optional libdebconfclient0-udeb_0.127_amd64.udeb
e3fc3e72763a7ef917d2de6e4a03f563 18066 debian-installer optional cdebconf-newt-udeb_0.127_amd64.udeb
2414f2a513313afebc27410f087159e3 19042 debian-installer optional cdebconf-text-udeb_0.127_amd64.udeb
6dc9326652e10431845e317161445692 27736 debian-installer optional cdebconf-gtk-udeb_0.127_amd64.udeb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--- End Message ---