Dependencies on libnewt0.52 (was: Adding udebs in shlibs files for glibc)

On Sunday 10 February 2008, Frans Pop wrote:
> As you may know, dependencies on glibc udebs are the only category that
> is still incorrect.

Well, there is actually another category. We have one library (libnewt0.52)
that is only included in D-I initrds through library reduction and for
which no udeb exists.
Udebs that depend on it are: cdebconf-newt-udeb and cdebconf-newt-entropy.

I see two solutions for this.

Option 1
--------
Give libnewt0.52 a proper shlibs file changing the dependencies to
'libnewt-udeb' and add an empty libnewt-udeb package in the newt source
package so that dependencies can be satisfied.

Option 2
--------
Hack cdebconf-newt-udeb and cdebconf-newt-entropy so that their dependencies
on libnewt0.52 get dropped.

The first option seems cleaner and therefore has my preference.

The reason I think we should fix this is that we want britney to check
dependencies before migrating udebs to testing and it seems to me that all
dependencies of udebs should be satisfiable by udebs and crosschecks
against regular packages should not be needed.

If there are no objections, I will prepare a patch against newt to implement
the first option.

Cheers,
FJP