Re: Booting Etch on a Proliant 8000 (6 CPU)

On Thursday 17 January 2008 10:58, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Mateo Obregon <mateo_obregon@fidic.org.co> writes:
> > We did manage to get it to load a Debian Sarge Netinst CD, but this
> > kernel only uses 1 CPU.
>
> You could install the system and later update the kernel of it.

I tried this, but the updated kernels all hand and reset the computer at about
the same position. I compiled a new kernel from the latest stable source,
including cpqarray and specifying SMP, but this also made the machine reset.

What could be causing the kernel to not boot? What options should I enclude or
exclude in compiling a new SMP kernel from source?

Mateo