Re: d-i support for running in a Xen guest domain

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 09:58:45PM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> I'm interested in getting d-i to work seamlessly inside a Xen guest
> domain using the paravirt_ops kernel support for Xen in 2.6.24+
> (currently only available in the kernel svn trunk snapshots builds I
> think).

2.6.23 already have the same amount of support than .24.

> It would be reasonably easy to create -xen-686 udebs (in fact I did for
> my testing) and tweak d-i to select a -xen kernel package image as
> appropriate during install, however I think I have a better idea ;-)...

The explicit Xen images will disappear in the future, it just lacks
infrastructure.

Bastian

--
Yes, it is written.  Good shall always destroy evil.
		-- Sirah the Yang, "The Omega Glory", stardate unknown