Re: Splitting D-I translation in "sublevels": ready infrastructure

Quoting Christian Perrier (bubulle@debian.org):
> Quoting Frans Pop (elendil@planet.nl):

> > General question. Should the ATOMIC_COMMITS option maybe just be dropped?
> > I'm not sure why you'd want to use it and dropping it would significantly
> > improve the readability of the code.
>
> I was tempted to remove this, indeed. That option was added at the
> very beginning of the development of that script to keep the
> possibility of working this way in case some conflicts problems arose.

I'm even tempted to remove the atomic update feature that runs "svn
up" before each change to a file.

This has never been used, indeed. It was planned to be used as a more
secure method in case a given file (mostly debian/po/*.po from
individual packages) is updated by a maintainer while I'm running
l10n-sync.

Practically, such cases nearly never happened and I just solved them
by hand when they happened.

The switch could only be useful if I decide to *always* use it in
automated runs which is currently not planned.