Re: [RFC] Stripping Latin range in fonts used by g-i installer?

Quoting Frans Pop (elendil@planet.nl):

> You are also forgetting that quite a few strings with latin glyphs are
> generated *at run time* (e.g. udeb names and descriptions in anna; file
> systems and mount points; names of LVM volumes; time zones; ...) and you
> really do not want the situation where some latin glyphs are taken from the
> font from Amharic and some other latin glyphs are taken from DejaVu or
> FreeSans.

Also, one should remember that many strings displayed during D-I come
from *outside* D-I (tasksel, iso-codes, debconf, apt, dpkg...).

So, I don't really see how we could safely check whether these strings
are covered by the stripped fonts.

And, frankly, I think that the benefit in terms of memory space would
be pretty small compared to the requirement of G-I anyway.