Re: Adding ttf-sil-abyssinica-udeb to packages used in the GTK installer?

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 10:37:38PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Sunday 06 January 2008, Davide Viti wrote:
> However, I would expect that for other fonts just using the freefont Latin
> range would produce perfectly good results (provided the sizing is
> comparable) and especially if their Latin font is basically from the same
> font family as freefont.

> So IMO this should be checked for each font separately instead of using it
> as a general rule. I feel that the space taken by the duplicated Latin
> ranges is worth saving, and that goes double with every extra font that we
> add that has a duplicated Latin range.

I'll give a go at this: we might save a good amount of bytes removing duplicates.
Note that dejavu is the default font for g-i, so most languages would
probably share the Latin range of glyphs from it and not from freefont.

regards,
Davide