Re: Adding ttf-sil-abyssinica-udeb to packages used in the GTK installer?

On Monday 07 January 2008, Davide Viti wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 10:35:32PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> > I forget why we still have dejavu. Davide: what are the chances of
> > getting rid of that?
>
> ttf-dejavu has been the default font used in g-i for awhile now, so if
> the question is why we still have freefont,

Oops, yes. I confused the two. Thx.

> It'd be also interesting to know if we could emphasize text using just
> different fontsizes rather than providing bold/italic ttf files

I don't think I'd be in favor of that. We could possibly stop using italic
altogether, but bold is very much the most natural option to emphasize
titles and similar. Even if you'd increase the font size for titles, you'd
still want to make them bold too.

> [1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/GUIFonts

Wow. That page looks a lot better than last time I looked at it (or at
least, than I remember it :-)