Re: r50470 - trunk/packages/kbd-chooser/debian

Frans Pop wrote:
> Because a dpkg-reconfigure needs to ask the question even if a keymap is
> installed.

if [ ! -e /etc/whatever_file ] || [ "$1" = reconfigure ]; then
	# ask question
fi

> I decided on /tmp as the file really _is_ a temporary file: exists only for
> the duration of the installation. And I made sure it was in a temp
> directory that could be said to be "controlled" by D-I because of its name.
> As you said yourself: there's absolutely no attack vector.

The only reason there is no serious attack vector is because
console-common only checks if the file exists. /tmp/debian-installer/ is
not "controlled" by d-i post-installation. If I want to prevent the
admin from seeing the keymap question, I can now do it, on any Debian
system. This *is* a minor security hole.

> > The other option would be debconf preseeding, and preseeding
> > console-data/keymap/policy seen should avoid the question. And would be
> > less ugly than a flag file.
>
> But it would affect an 'aptitude reinstall' of the package.

I don't expect reinstallation of a package to re-ask configuration
values. If I want that, I purge the package before reinstalling.

--
see shy jo