Re: r50470 - trunk/packages/kbd-chooser/debian

In the bug report, you wrote:
> Displaying this question is undesired as D-I
> will itself install the correct keymap based on keymap selection earlier
> in the installation.

If the keymap has already been installed earlier in the installation,
why can't console-* notice that there is a keymap installed, and skip asking
about it? Why do we need a separate way to communicate this to console-* at
all?

If some other communication than creating the keymap file is needed
for reasons I don't understand, creating a file not in /tmp seems very
doable.

The other option would be debconf preseeding, and preseeding
console-data/keymap/policy seen should avoid the question. And would be
less ugly than a flag file.

--
see shy jo