Re: etch+1/2 D-I options (was: Meeting for etch and a half)

On Thursday 13 December 2007, Andrew McGlashan wrote:
> Frans Pop wrote:
> > Yes. One using the Lenny installer and only including
> > the kernel images for the new Etch kernel.
>
> The image list sounds good to me.  But which archs did you have in mind?

That's not really up to me, but having an installer with a newer kernel
really only makes sense for arches where there really is hardware that's
not supported by 2.6.18, but is supported by the etch+1/2 kernel.
Users for other arches could just upgrade the kernel post-install, as you
suggested in your first reply.

It's possible that the list of arches for which that is true is quite short:
i386, amd64...