Re: How to force d-i to ask for domain name?

Op 09-12-2007 om 18:54 schreef Frans Pop:
> On Thursday 06 December 2007, Josef Wolf wrote:
> > It turns out that ubuntu has lowered the priority for netcfg/get_domain
> > from high to medium.  Anybody knows why they have done this?
>
> No, we don't. It is still high in Debian.

Smile. Even if you don't like replies that start with 'No'

> Next time you have problems with the Ubuntu installer, please ask for help
> through launchpad or on an Ubuntu mailing list. Asking your question here
> where people generally are unaware of changes made in Ubuntu only risks
> sending us on a wild goose chase, as in this case.
>
> You did not even mention in your original mail that the issue was with
> Ubuntu and not Debian!

Someone willing to tell where "problems with the Ubuntu installer" are stated?

It is important to me, because I like postings like
"The forked project does it different, anyone knowns why?"
and especial follow-ups that explain why we have our approach.

Cheers
Geert Stappers