Re: [Debian Wiki] Update of "DebianInstaller/GitMigration" by OtavioSalvador

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> writes:

> In short, translators only commit to the packages/po directory, for
> sure....so havin a SVN for that directory only is OK.

So it's simpler then I thought.

> But, the l10n-sync script does commits in every package debian/po
> directory and, here, it needs to know where to commit. Of course,
> *this* can be a git branch as the l10n-sync script is under the
> control of one person only (the l10n coordinator).

Well, it could have a whole GIT "mirror" with all modules available to
commit into and then push them all.

> That could be the d-i submodule you're talking about, though.

Yes. With it you would have a simple way to get all involved modules
together and get them in an "atomic" state.

> PS: we really should use this occasion to recruit a backup l10n
> coordinator as seppy is now really confirmed as MIA. I would need
> someone who understands the l10n-sync and gen-stats scripts and
> receives their output so that (s)he can correct problems when they occur.

Ack :-)

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116