Re: debian-installer

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 04:17:01PM +1100, Brian May wrote:

>     Robert> My program relies on NSISdl plugin, which auto-detects
>     Robert> proxy setup from IE settings.  So if you want it to use a
>     Robert> proxy, you have to setup IE first.
>
> This computer is a newly installed Windows computer, and setting up
> the IE settings is always something I forget :-(.
>
> Anyway, sounds like a good idea. Maybe it could somehow be documented
> or ask the user for confirmation before rebooting. Or would that be
> too confusing for the targeted user base?

I suspect it will.  However, note that the target user base is majoritarily
NOT running IE (only 2/7 users do).

Anyway, since later the installer has to ask about proxy, I suppose it doesn't
harm to "move" the proxy question by asking it in win32-loader and then
preseed it (preseeding support is now implemented, look at how hostname/domain
or timezone is done).

--
Robert Millan

My spam trap is honeypot@aybabtu.com.  Note: this address is only intended
for spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.