Problem with debconf on AMD64 of Etch RC1

Hello everyone,

I have encountered a problem with debconf-loadtemplate on AMD64 architecture.

I tried to install the RC1 of Etch from the netinst iso I obtained
from cdimage.debian.org ( I tried the daily build of 3rd-Feb-2007-1,
however, the problem persist. )

After the isolinux screen, some message appeared, then new messages
cease to appear:

hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-0:1.0: 8 ports detected
udevd-event[1655]: run_program: exec of program '/lib/udev/net.agent' failed
input: ImPxPS/2 Generic Explorer Mouse as /class/input/input1
<A Long time, no more message appeared... >
<I grew impatient and press ^C / Ctrl+C>

/srv/projects/d-i/trunk/packages/cdebconf/src/debconf.c:135 (main):
Cannot initialize debconf template database
(process:1742): INFO: kbd-mode: setting console mode to Unicode (UTF-8)

Framebuffer not available; disabling graphical frontend
/srv/projects/d-i/trunk/packages/cdebconf/src/debconf.c:135 (main):
Cannot initialize debconf template database
/srv/projects/d-i/trunk/packages/cdebconf/src/debconf.c:135 (main):
Cannot initialize debconf template database
<Then the installer cease to respond here, Eg: If I press enter, no
newline appeared.>

I tried both install and installgui, it is the same.
At first, I suspect:
udevd-event[1655]: run_program: exec of program '/lib/udev/net.agent' failed
However, others on IRC told me that is normal, so I thought it might
be debconf that is giving the problem.
I tried waiting for it, but nothing happened even after half an hour.
After looking through the cdebconf source code, I think it is stuck at
this line:
debconf.c:135    	if (templates->methods.load(templates) != DC_OK)

Did I do something wrong, or should I file a bug report?

Thanks, and regards,
John Chen