Re: unable to perform install

On Friday 28 December 2007, AirBAT wrote:
> When i'm booting on the latest release (4.0R1) i was unable to perform
> the installation. The hang when discover my hardware.
>
> Here is the last line during this procedure : APIC Assume pci root
> bridge.

This very much looks like a kernel issue with support for your hardware
and not a problem in the installer itself.

There are a few kernel options you can try to see if that will get the
system to boot. Try booting with:
- install noapic
- install noapic nolapic
- install acpi=off

However, those options are workarounds, not solutions. They may even leave
you with incomplete or sub-optimal support for your hardware.
To get your hardware supported better, your best option is to contact the
upstream kernel developers (at linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org) and provide
them with the information on your hardware and the boot failure.

Cheers,
FJP