Re: How to preconfigure debconf values?

On Sunday 23 December 2007, Joey Hess wrote:
> tzdata 2007b-1 (in etch) does not use debconf.

Right. Etch still used tzconfig to set the timezone. I forgot about that.

That means Josef will probably just have to set the timezone the way we did
it in D-I, which can be seen in this script:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/d-i/branches/d-i/etch/packages/tzsetup/post-base-installer.d/05tzsetup?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

> (BTW, several people in this thread have seemed to not be aware that
> debconf-set-selections automatically sets the seen flag of preseeded
> values.)

(BTW, /me wonders why you did not mention that with the recent patch for
kbd-chooser ;-)