Re: [RFC] Support for using multiple CDs during installation

Frans Pop wrote:
> +db_input high apt-setup/cdrom/set-first || true
> +db_go || exit 10
> +db_get apt-setup/cdrom/set-first

If this generator ran after the 50mirror generator it could check to see
if network sources were enabled in sources.list. If they are, and
a DVD is available, there's probably no reason to ask the question at high.
In the case of a full size CD I haven't figured out a good heuristic for
lowering the priority yet, but I'd like to find one. :-)

Hmm, another way to look at this is, there's code in the mirror
generator to ask if a mirror should be used. There's code in the cd
generator to ask if additional cds should be used. This is redundant,
the answer to either question implies the right default answer to the
other.

--
see shy jo