Re: task testing

Sex, 2007-09-28 às 10:56 +0200, Holger Levsen escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> a friend of mine installed debian etch on his laptop and choose the database
> task and then was informed during the installation, that an old version of
> postgresql (7.x) was installed. (I don't have more details at hand.)

i think postgresql 7.4 is the default postgresql because of upgrading
issues.
it is available 7.4 and 8.1 in etch, i believe.

please report a bug against the postgresql package because maybe it has
wrong dependencies (postgresql-7.4 | postgresql-8.1) instead of
(postgresql-8.1 | postgresql-7.4)

or maybe against the tasksel package asking for -8.1 to be installed
instead of 7.4

> IMO this makes us look really silly.
a tiny bit

> Are there any plans to avoid such embarassing things to happen with the lenny
> release? I'm thinking of automated testing, not manual test plans...

there are automated testing installing debian. ask at debian-boot
mailling list. There is  machine that has multiple VM's to run these
instalations.