wrong /etc/fstab when using hw-raid (here: Adaptec 2100S and i2o-modules)

hi list,

is expected some strange behavior last time i installed etch (4.0) on an FujitsuSiemens Primergy F200.

The Maschine has 6 SCSI-Drives attached to an Adaptec 2100S, which is supported by the modules i20-core and i2o-block.

I have configured my Drives as RAID5 in the Adaptec-BIOS. During boot the Adaptec-Controller shows only one drive.

The Debian-Installer finds /dev/sda during install an lets me perfom all actions on that drive (here: creating a partition /dev/sda1 for /boot and a LVM for the rest of the FS).

When rebooting after installation has finished, its starts up with normal boot messages. LVM is found, als PV and VG are found to. I2O-Modules are loaded. When it tries to mount /dev/sda1 to /boot it fails, because /dev/sda1 could not be found.

I can continue boot with CTRL-D.

Searching around /dev i found /dev/i2o and therein /dev/i2o/hda1 - which is my /boot-Partition. After editing /etc/fstab (change /dev/sda to /dev/i2o/hda1) and reboot, everything works fine.

So:
Debian-Installer finds the RAID to be /dev/sda, but after loading the i2o-Module during boot, the RAID ist found under /dev/i2o/hda1.

Is that a "bug"? Belonging to the Debian-Installer oder to the i2o-Modules?

Regards,
Arne Metzger