Re: [D-I] Status of console-setup switch

-=| Anton Zinoviev, 15.08.2007 12:01 |=-
> These questions were asked by console-cyrillic.

I tried again with the image Christian prepared.

Same result - console-cyrillic is installed.

Then, grub is installed, and *then* some finish-install thing appeared
on VC4 and console-setup was installed. No questions were asked though.

Christian, this does not match what you wrote:
> The place where console-cyrillic is installed is localechooser's
> finish-install script.

There must be some other place, before grub, where console-cyrillic is
installed.

>> I chroot-ed to /target and dpkg -l console-setup says "un".
>
> I don't know what does this "un" mean.  It seems on my system dpkg -l

Wanted: Uninstall

This is given for packages that were never installed or that were
installed and then purged.

>>> Have you tried "modprobe kqemu"?
>> It starts very well, but the emulator crashes very soon (amd64-on-amd64) :(
>
> A month or so ago the same happened with i386-on-i386.  But currently

Seems to work here too (not in "full" mode, but still). Thank you for
the hint.