Re: wish: code cleanup to change NETBOOT_PATH (d-i modifications)

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 01:22:23PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> Václav Ovsík wrote:
> > My modifications are attached. I simply add variable NETBOOT_DI_DIR with
> > the string `debian-installer'. Only things needed to build modified
> > installer is to change value to e.g. `debian-installer-my'. This
> > installer can be arranged to tftp directory besides `debian-installer'
> > and other staff...
>
> Applied, thank you.

Thanks for this.

> > Other problem is with pxelinux itself. I'm using menu.c32 (pxelinux
> > module) to use a submenus and in this menu mode are screens f1,f2... not
> > displayed. Hmm, maybe this is for differend thread. I will post this as
> > a separate message.
>
> See svn://@svn.debian.org/d-i/people/joeyh/vesamenu
> for a version of d-i that uses menu.c32, and works around this help
> display issue by adding a menu item for help, that exits menu.c32 and
> goes back to the syslinux help screens. You could use this same technique:
>
> label help
> 	menu label d-i
> 	say
> 	config debian-installer/i386/syslinux.cfg

Oh, new feature `config' in syslinux 3.50. Great! I missed this.
Many thanks for idea!

I have tried your vesamenu boot. It's nice option. I think, that config
files for the vesamenu could be generated besides those for the bare
pxelinux, so an administrator of a network can choose between (by
symlinking the right default or referencing it from his upper level menu
or so). Such modification can be merged into d-i trunk without problem
(breaks nothing).

Thanks for your effort.
Regards.
--