Re: Partman and graphical installer (was: Buts about partman [LONG])

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 12:53:04AM +0300, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 03:14:41AM +0200, Jйrйmy Bobbio wrote:
> >
> > >   (4) However not all lines will use these delimiters.  Such lines
> > >       should not be affected by resizing the columns.
> >
> > That is going to be a lot trickier to implement in GTK+, AFAIK.
> > Although, really easy in the web frontend. :)

I should probably have been more specific: my understanding of this
particular point is that you wanted something like "colspan" for HTML
table for entries like "Copy data from another partition" in
partman-partitioning.

This is a little bit of work in GTK+ because there is nothing like this
option for the GtkTreeView widget [1] currently [2].  This means that a
custom widget is probably needed...

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkTreeView.html
[2] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-app-devel-list/2007-March/msg00225.html

> What about a code like the following?
> [...]

Looks good!  I don't plan on working on it right now, but I'll keep it
around. :)

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism