Re: About console-setup in d-i

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 07:06:45PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Monday 02 July 2007 15:16, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> > I don't mind if the sources of console-setup are moved to the d-i
> > repository (and I've even proposed this already),
>
> Great.
>
> > but I have
> > absolutely no idea what I have to do in order to do this. :-)
>
> Found the instructions at:
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.reposadmin.maint.html#svn.reposadmin.maint.migrate
>
> Not sure if that would need to be done by an alioth admin or if we can do
> it ourselves. AFAICT we should be able to do it ourselves. At least, I
> had no problems creating a dump of the current repository and I'd expect
> just having write access to be enough to load it into the D-I repo.

I did exactly this myself when importing kickseed. Just use
--ignore-uuid and make sure either that the dump is rooted at
/trunk/packages/console-setup or that it's rooted at /console-setup and
use --parent-dir /trunk/packages. I'd also suggest taking a full copy of
the repository first and doing a test run on the copy.