Re: Fake RAID (dmraid) support - review of templates

Quoting Frans Pop (elendil@planet.nl):
> I have now finished the last changes I wanted to make before uploading the
> fake RAID support that was implemented during DebConf.
>
> I would appreciate it if some people would review the new templates
> created for this:
> - one internal template in hw-detect (no review needed)
> - two templates in partman-base:
>   partman/text/dmraid_volume, partman/text/dmraid_part
> - all templates in partman-dmraid
> - two templates in grub-installer:
>   grub-installer/fakeraid, grub-installer/fakeraid-error

Template: grub-installer/fakeraid
Type: boolean
Default: true
 Installation of GRUB on a fake (ata) RAID disk is not really supported,
 but it is possible. The installation is currently experimental and is
 always done to the MBR of the fake RAID disk.
 .
 The GRUB root device is: ${GRUBROOT}.
 .
 Choose <Go Back> to cancel this operation.

I'd shorten it to:

Template: grub-installer/fakeraid
Type: boolean
Default: true
 Installation of GRUB on a fake (ata) RAID disk is experimental and is
 always done onto the Master Boot Record of the fake RAID disk.
 .
 The GRUB root device is: ${GRUBROOT}.

Making reference to users action in template is discouraged and may
lead to mistranslations. I'd advise against doing it.

I removed the "not really supported but possible". IMHO, mentioning
this is experimental should be enough to warn users and it avoids the
"we're not sure of what we're doing" feeling..:-)

Template: grub-installer/fakeraid-error
Type: error
 An error occurred during the setup of GRUB for the fake RAID disk.
 .
 The installation of GRUB is aborted.

We already have a few occurrences of "<foo> is aborted" so that makes
sens. We're not completely consistent here as we also use "has been
aborted" and even a few "will be aborted". I think the simpler the
better and we should probably rephrase occurrences of "will be" and
"has been".

We replaced nearly all "There was an error" by "An error occurred". A
few remain, by the way, and here also, we should make this more
consistent.

I personnally prefer "for the fake RAID disk" instead of "for *yor*
fake RAID disk". Cosmeti change, though.

#flag:translate!:4
 Any changes you have made in the partitioning of your fake (ata) RAID
 devices need to be written to disk before the partitions can be used.
 Any other pending changes will be written to disk as well. These changes
 cannot be undone.
 .
 ${ITEMS}

Should be "#flag:translate !:3"

s/raid/RAID

 The support for fake RAID disks (using dmraid) in the installer is
 experimental. You should make sure that you have a backup of any
 data on your system that you do not want to lose.
 .
 There is currently no real support for fake RAID devices in either
 the partitioner or the boot loaders. The installer works this around,
 but it means that the installation is not completely straightforward
 and that there are some important limitations.
 .
 More detailed information about fake RAID support and how to use it,
 especially during partitioning and boot loader installation, can be
 found at: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/FakeRaid.
 .
 Please read that page carefully before proceding.

I suggest removing the exclamation mark. The warning is proeminent enough.

Anyway, this last template should disappear, right? Or do you think
we'll keep it?

I have a doubt for "works around this" or "works this around"....:-)