Re: A common Debian style for Debian Installer and the desktop

Frans Pop wrote:
On Wednesday 13 June 2007 21:25, André Luiz Rodrigues Ferreira wrote:
Can we prepare an other GTK theme, using other gtk2 engine?

In theory, yes. But there are technical issues that need to be considered. For example, we partly ended up with the Clearlooks engine because it solved a bug with some display issues we were having.

<snip/>

... that was a bug in cairo's accelerated rectangle filling, which was workarounded by disabling that functionality in trunk of cairo (our directfb debian stable version udeb doesn't include the fix). If we fix the bug in debian packages, then we can switch back to libpixmap, if we desire so.

regards

Attilio