Re: about install detect the hard disk

Thank you for your infomation
i try again,when the installer scan the hardware,my ide harddisk is display
but when go to "detect the hard disk" ,it can't detetct that
I downloaded the weekly cd and burnt it ,what is the Etch image?
you mean the "stable" releases?or ,can you send me the link?
thank you very much

Best Regards
William

On 29/05/07, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
On Saturday 26 May 2007 13:18, William Zhang wrote:
> sorry for the inconvenience,when i download the last binary
> cd-1(i386),and want to install it everything is ok,but,when the
> installer go to "detect the hard disk" it can't found my
> harddisk(seagate ST3800 IDE)

Did you download an official Etch CD or a weekly built CD image?

If you downloaded an official Etch images, then please file a full
installation report [1]. Especially the output of 'lspci -nn' is
essential for us to help you. You can use the option "Save debug logs" in
the main menu of the installer to get the info we need.

If you downloaded a weekly built image, it is very likely that this was
due to a known issue that has now been fixed. This means that you will
have to download a new weekly image.
However, if you don't have any special reason to want a weekly built
image, I would suggest that you use an official Etch image instead.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch05s03.html#submit-bug

--