Re: about install detect the hard disk

On Saturday 26 May 2007 13:18, William Zhang wrote:
> sorry for the inconvenience,when i download the last binary
> cd-1(i386),and want to install it everything is ok,but,when the
> installer go to "detect the hard disk" it can't found my
> harddisk(seagate ST3800 IDE)

Did you download an official Etch CD or a weekly built CD image?

If you downloaded an official Etch images, then please file a full
installation report [1]. Especially the output of 'lspci -nn' is
essential for us to help you. You can use the option "Save debug logs" in
the main menu of the installer to get the info we need.

If you downloaded a weekly built image, it is very likely that this was
due to a known issue that has now been fixed. This means that you will
have to download a new weekly image.
However, if you don't have any special reason to want a weekly built
image, I would suggest that you use an official Etch image instead.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch05s03.html#submit-bug