Re: Preseeding Partitioning of 400-G Disk

On Monday 28 May 2007 16:09, Youssef Eldakar wrote:
> I am trying to preseed the partitioning of a 400-G disk into partitions
> of size 280, 1, 2, 6, 110, and 1 G. The disk configuration is the same
> across all machines I am trying to automatically install. I am trying
> to use the following recipe, but it is not succeeding. The disk ends up
> with an empty partition table.
>
> d-i partman-auto/expert_recipe string               \
>         multiraid ::                                \
>                 28000     100 280000 raid           \
>                         $primary{ } method{ raid }  \

You cannot set up a RAID system this way. See the installation guide for
information on how you _can_ set up RAID using preseeding.

If you are not trying to set up RAID, then your recipe is completely
broken. Again, see the installation guide for a working example.
This document may also help:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/d-i/trunk/installer/doc/devel/partman-auto-recipe.txt?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

Cheers,
FJP