Re: lenny d-i confused about disk detection

On Friday 18 May 2007 20:21, John Morrissey wrote:
> Hm, is there a way to preseed this? Ideally, we'd like to have a
> netboot installation that autoconfigures via DHCP, prompts you for a
> hostname, and spawns sshd (network-console) to finish the installation.

You need "anna/choose_modules=network-console" (or boot with
"modules=network-console").

Note for Etch that this will only work correctly with some installation
methods (see #288053). This has been fixed for Lenny.

> d-i debian-installer/main-menu Continue installation remotely using SSH

No, you cannot "run" menu items that way.

> Also, I may have a couple other preseed-related questions to ask.
> Should I ask them here as they come up, or should I take them to
> d-user?

First read the appendix in the manual, then try on d-user, then feel free
to ask here.