Re: New dmidecode uploaded to unstable

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> I've just uploaded a new version of dmidecode into unstable.  It might
> affect debian-installer, so you might want to keep an eye on the
> issue.

Thanmks to Colin, d-i no longer uses dmidecode at all, except when
generating installation reports, so we're probably fine.

Hopefully this code in laptop-detect will continue to work?

        dmitype=$(dmidecode|grep Chassis -A 10|grep -m1 Type|sed -e 's/.*Type: \(.*\)/\1/')

        if test "$dmitype" = "Notebook" || test "$dmitype" = "Portable"; then

--
see shy jo